Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WE ARE ALL MOTIVATED- either positively or negatively

I heard a story of two brothers and wanted to share with u all.
One was a drug addict and drunk who frequently beat up his family. The other was a very successful businessman who was respected in society and had a wonderful family. How could two brothers raised by the same parents, brought up in the same environment be so different??????The first brother was asked, "What makes U do what U do? U r a drug addict, a drunk and u beat your family. What motivates U?" He answered, " My father. My father was a drug addict, a drunk and he beat his family. What do U expect me to be? That is what I am."The second brother was asked, " How come U are doing everything right? What is your source of motivation?" And guess what he said?????"My father. When I was a little boy, I used to see my dad drunk and doing all the wrong things. I made up my mind that that is not what I wanted to be."
MESSAGE
Both brothers derived their motivation from the same source, but one was using it positively and the other negatively. Negative motivation brings the desire to take the easier way which ends up being the tougher way.
Thanks!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice message... We can learn from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article! You guys are time and again proving that you are much more wiser and mature than we ever were in your age! Achieve heights from your positive motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm Deeksha... we sud learn and that too in a positive way

    ReplyDelete